Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Sadie Anika!! (And Jack! And Eliana!)


What an eventful day Saturday, September 13th, 2008 turned out to be not only for my family but for my church as well! Benjie and I welcomed our sweet, gorgeous baby girl, Sadie Anika Ama Danquah at 11:01 a.m. after only 6 hrs. and 58 min. of labor into the world. Little did I know that while I was pushing her out, one of my friends from church (who was due on September 28th) arrived at the hospital in labor and delivered her first baby girl a few hours later. While she was in labor, another one of my friends from church arrived and delivered her baby boy a few hours after that! It was such a happy day and it made for a boatload of visitors to the hospital for all of us...they were killing three birds with one stone :)

Needless to say, I am head-over-heels in love again with the smallest little bundle of sweet-smelling joy wrapped in swaddling cloths! I am caught by surprise again at how much a baby can steal a mother's heart away. My heart literally melts when I see her or hear her stir or even cry :) Babies are a miracle, truly. She very much makes up for being pregnant for nine months.....

Welcome Sadie Anika Ama Danquah!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Megan,
Sadie is beautiful! I'm so glad things went well. Congratulations to you all! How cool that Sadie gets to share a birthday with 2 other little ones from your church! God's timing is perfect!

Jill said...

I am so thrilled to be able to share this experience with you as well! First pregnancy, now sleepless nights with the most beautiful little humans. I pray you guys are doing well transitioning. I just remember that it only gets better and better as time goes on and they are pretty perfect now :) Enjoy every moment - even the tough ones. They are all gifts. Love you guys!

Sarah Nadine said...

Congrats Megan! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

omygosh- that made me cry! Meg you are so beautiful...I love the way you love your girls. Im so proud of you and love you so much.