It's hard to believe for me that in 5 days, Benjie and I and our girls are going to pull up to our new home in California. We have been talking about moving for 8 months, and the months have turned into weeks, and the weeks have now turned into days.
Truth be told, I have never lived anywhere in the United States other than little 'ole Durango, Colorado. I have lived in big cities all over the world for various lengths of time (never more than three months), but if I've been in the States, I've been in Durango.
Needless to say, I have no real reference point of what it will be like to live in a big city, and not just a big city, but the greater Los Angeles area....one, big, GINORMOUS city! I know that my world is about to change in a few days, and my perspective too. It is stretching and scary and exciting all at once.
One thing that I am really excited about is the fact that Benjie and I, with the help of our friends Tom and Mike, are going to do a bit of re-model on the place that we will be living in. This is the first little home that Benjie and I have had where we can do any of that, and I am so thrilled to be able to make my house my home, how I really want it!
It was very bittersweet to say good bye to our apartment in Durango yesterday. It is always a bit eerie to look at what has been your house for 2.5 years after it is all empty and clean. We prayed and walked out the front door, never to return. So, one chapter is officially closed, and one is about to commence. I know whatever happens, it will be one big adventure, as everything in Jesus is (with the right perspective!)
Thank you to ALL who helped us move all our stuff out of our house and into our moving trailer. And a special thank you to Jim and Linn Stump who came and cleaned up after us yesterday morning! What a stress relief! We love you guys!
1 comment:
We love you guys. May God bless each and every wonderful adventure that lies ahead of you. My family's life has been so blessed to know you guys. Enjoy LA and every moment. Kiss those girls for me. I'll be praying for you Megan! lv, jen
Post a Comment