What a week! Whew.....one that I am glad I can say is drawing to a close.
For the two days before Benjie came home and for four days after, Ollie had a low-grade fever that spiked this last Sunday. I decided to take her in, even though she wasn't experiencing any other symptoms (that I could tell).
Her appointment was for Monday afternoon at four and sure enough, right before leaving for it, I began to notice the tell-tale blisters on one of her feet and also on her hand. (I should have known--ALL the Danquah kids will have to get Hand, Foot, and Mouth!--Sadie had a nasty case of it this last fall and Lily had it when we lived in Durango). I took her in to the appointment anyway and sure enough, that's exactly what it was.
On Tuesday, Sadie began developing a really high fever and severe sore throat and bad stomach pain as well. I googled the symptoms and saw that it could be strep throat. Great. BUT, being the laid back mom of three that I am :) I decided to wait and see if it got worse or better instead of taking her to the doc. The next day she basically cried from noon until 3 a.m. because she had itching in her feet and hands. That.was.so.much.fun.
Yesterday she began to feel a bit better. The sight of smiles on your child's face after it has only seen tears for 24 hours are nothing short of little miracles. Laughter even more so!
Last night, she (and the other girls) slept ALL.NIGHT.LONG. It was a pure gift and pure joy for me. Not one little person interrupted my sleep and I got a full nine hours! How I needed that!
Today we are mostly back to normal, and I couldn't be more grateful for that. Or that Lily seems to not have gotten any of it!
Sick weeks make me so thankful that normal life is not like that! It opens my eyes to how amazing it is to have healthy kids!
2 comments:
I'M thankful I got to see your beautiful face and laugh with you and your hubby! Almost as good for my soul as sleeping 9 hours straight...love you friend!!
I agree! So lovely....what a wonderful gift you and Adam's friendship is! Love you too.
Post a Comment