Saturday, March 21, 2009

Can I just say something?? I adore spring! Really, is there anything better than when you have endured the cold, gray, often times monotonous drone of winter and then spring peeks its head around the corner and bats its eyes bringing the bluest of skies, the cheeriest flowers, the yellowist sunshine and the sing-song of birds??? Okay, that was a reeealllly long sentence to say that spring is magnificent! This is my ode to spring......

This weekend was beautiful and Benjie and I took the girls out to the park for a picnic lunch, a few (okay, make that a LOT) of trips down the slide, and a walk in the stroller. I donned my new white capris, and Benjie's shorts made their first appearance since the weather turned cold. Could it get any greater? Yes, it can! My mom gave us a bunch of daffodils on Thursday and they bloomed big and bright just in time to welcome the weekend and the first day of spring! What a blessing....

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love how you write. It's so fun to read...Great word pictures!

Kristin said...

I'm sooo with you on this one, sister...LOVE that spring is here!! And I love the new pics, and I love the new name...and I love YOU! :)

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Megan, your heart is big and wide.. and I can just sense your spirit being lifted by Spring as I read your blog. You appreciate beauty and that is something special. So are you girlfriend. Have an awesome week with your beautiful family! :) lv, jen

Kimberly Beach said...

I'm not big on spring. In OK it means tornadoes and horrible allergies; thunderstorms that roll for hours (okay, I like the storms) and, did I mention, allergies? But your picture sounds lovely.

BTW - Ashley asked when we were leaving for Europe with you. She had it in her head we would go help you move! Do I need to start raising funds?